SUPPORTERS - Guardians
Join our Guardians - Sustain a Lifeline for those with Special Needs
- A registered charity, the Thames Valley Adventure Playground provides a secure and fun environment for those of all ages and with all types of special need AND their families, allowing them to experience all the fun and freedom of adventure play which most of us would take for granted .
- The cost of running the Adventure Playground is now £350,000 a year. Over 14,700 visits are made each year by children and adults with all types of disability . They travelled from all across the Thames Valley as well as from Hertfordshire, Hampshire and all parts of London, and from as far afield as Sussex and Cambridgeshire, as there are few places closer to home offering such special facilities.
As little as 5% of the money the Playground needs each year will come from local authority funding, and this is in the form of grants, not statutory funding. Users make a small contribution where possible and for the remainder we rely heavily on the support of our fundraisers and charitable donations from the local community. Sadly, these alone are not enough!
- acknowledge your generous support, by branding your name across the billboard in front of the Playground for your Guardianship week. The billboard is placed right on the main A4 (Bath Road), giving your business the maximum publicity on this busy route between Slough and Maidenhead. All we need from you is an electronic version of your logo so we can produce the inserts for the board.
- invite you to corporate receptions at the Playground, enabling you to network with other Guardians.
- publicize your Guardianship during your Guardianship week, with a link from the home page of our website (www.tvap.co.uk) to your website. The Adventure Playground is in touch with the Maidenhead Advertiser and other local papers on a regular basis and we continue to publicize our Guardianship appeal and inform them of the companies involved. You will also receive a mention in our newsletters, which are distributed widely to families, friends and contacts of the Playground and all supporters.
- provide you with the opportunity to visit the Playground during your Guardianship week with your chosen guests or staff.
- provide any background information you may require for your own internal and external publicity of your Guardianship.
THE NEXT STEPS